So I won't get arrested at today's University Press staff meeting.
No one really thought I would. But a week ago, Student Affairs associate dean Terry Mena wouldn't say one way or the other. (Read my version of that weird meeting at the bottom of this blog, and the editor-in-chief's here.)
The SunSentinel reported this week, "That won’t happen, [student media director Marti] Harvey said. Students have filled out the paperwork, and Koretzky will be allowed to appear as a guest speaker."
UP editor Karla Bowsher did indeed fill out an "event registration form" last Friday. While it wasn't submitted the required 10 days in advance, it was apparently approved. Although no one told Karla. We both learned about it from the SunSentinel.
Last week, Mena and Harvey said the three of us "need to talk" about my offer to volunteer as the UP's adviser until a full-time one can be hired. But neither has emailed or called me.
So later today, the EIC will fill out event registration forms so I can attend Tuesday editor meetings and Friday staff meetings for the rest of the summer. That should take care of everything. Right?